Tuesday, February 8, 2011

De La Hoya challenged Chavez Jr. for a fight in the ring

0 comments
Undefeated Mexican boxer Julio Chavez Jr. challenged Oscar De La Hoya for a fight in the ring.

This was after De La Hoya criticized Chavez Jr. after his fight against Billy Lyell last Sunday in Culiacan, Sinaloa, where Chavez Jr. won in the fight through a unanimous decision.

Quoted from De La Hoya’s personal twitter account, “I see nothing in Julio Cesar Chavez Jr., no power in his fist and I wished him the best.”

According to Chavez Jr., son of the famous Mexican boxer Julio Cesar Chavez, De La Hoya never heard a single comment from their side after the De La Hoya vs. Hopkins fight when Bernard Hopkins knocked him down and Manny Pacquiao turned him into a punching bag that he couldn’t get up from his seat anymore after the Pacquiao vs. De La Hoya fight.

And a challenge from Chavez Jr., “I call on Oscar De La Hoya to pick up the gloves and let’s fight at middleweight in September. And to give De La Hoya more motivation- I bet my purse that I’m going to send him to his final retreat from boxing. And then I wish him well in his career as a promoter.”

Also See: Donaire Vs Montiel and Watch Spartacus Gods of the Arena Episode 4

0 comments:

Post a Comment